Big Data & AI are booming and therefore, we are looking for an outstanding Data Scientist to join our Synechron team in Amsterdam!
You will be working on solving AI challenges for and with our clients. Your knowledge and skills will help shaping the future of banking.
Our Digital Innovation & Transformation team is working with clients to lead them through the digital revolution. Realizing their digital innovation strategies and programs is a key focus area. We are working with clients to help them set up their innovation labs and centers of excellence, gain value from innovation partnerships, develop proofs of concept and minimum viable products around new and emerging technologies, and implement digital solutions. Throughout this process, we serve as strategic advisors on how to apply innovation to domain-specific use cases for the financial services industry, with the business challenge always at the heart of the program. We partner with our digital and technology teams to deliver solutions from future state vision and concept to large scale implementation.
As a Data Scientist you will be leading client projects to solve AI challenges (Predictive Analytics, Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning & Deep Learning), translate analytical solutions into recommendations, build/improve data-driven models using statistical and machine learning techniques, assist our clients to understand the data science principles and provide an explanation for the model behaviour and possible correcting actions, retrieve and preprocess, and train colleagues in our area of expertise
- A master’s degree in Data Science
- 3-5 years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Affinity with the financial services industry
- Practical experience in solving complex challenges using data analysis and modelling
- Experience in explaining complicated analysis to a non-technical audience with your storytelling and data visualization skills
- Experience in projects using computer vision is a plus
Languages and Technologies
- Demonstrable programming experience in at least Python (Pandas, Sklearn, Tensorflow/Pytorch), and another programming language such as R, SQL and or SAS
- Experience with Big Data (Spark, Hadoop) Optional: Scala, API building, Docker/Kubernetes, Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure), DevOps (CI/CD)
- At least significant experience in one specialty area being NLP or predictive analytics
- Innovative: You’re interested in how new technological innovations can contribute to the data revolution
- Responsible: You are able to weigh the interests of our clients
- Limitless: You are willing to look beyond data science and learn from experience outside your own work area
- Ambition: You are driven to become the Synechron-expert in data science
- Empowered: You dare to stand for what you believe in
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Possibility of assignments abroad in Singapore, London, Serbia, New York. Feel free to think global!
- Lease car or mobility budget, laptop and a mobile phone
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- An extensive training budget, focused on skills, substantive knowledge and personal development:
- An internal training programme (NLP +Predictive analytics), in class trainings and trainings from partners like GCP, C3.AI and Quantexa. Also, Synechron partners with Udemy for Business, an online learning platform with 3,000+ top rated, engaging courses that are accessible anytime, anywhere, on-demand
- A Global Center of Excellence for Data Science with experienced colleagues across the globe with coaching and sparring possibilities
- Cutting edge data science projects at leading banks including not only building data science models for different domains like financial crime and risk but also whole pipeline development (data engineering, machine learning engineering, model life cycle management)
- A flat and approachable organization
- An excellent working atmosphere: Friday drinks, sports activities, trips (abroad) with a young, dynamic team
- A Great Place To Work – for the second consecutive year we are ranked to 10 best Multinational Workplaces in the Netherlands
Synechron makes personal growth and development a priority. This manifests itself in good, (partly) mandatory training and educational opportunities focusing both on skills and content knowledge. All our employees are guided by a designated team leader in their personal growth and development.
Interested in joining us?
For further information, please contact our corporate recruiter, Gaby Khan, via recruitment-AMS@synechron.com.
NOTE: only complete applications will be taken into consideration. We have noticed some of our emails go directly to your spam folder. We are working on this issue, until we have solved this, please also keep an eye on your spam.