Big Data & AI are booming and therefore we are looking for an outstanding Data Engineer to join our Synechron team in Amsterdam!
You will be working on solving AI challenges for and with our clients. Your knowledge and skills will help shaping the future of banking.
Our Digital Innovation & Transformation team is working with clients to lead them through the digital revolution. Realizing their digital innovation strategies and programs is a key focus area. We are working with clients to help them set up their innovation labs and centers of excellence, gain value from innovation partnerships, develop proofs of concept and minimum viable products around new and emerging technologies, and implement digital solutions. Throughout this process, we serve as strategic advisors on how to apply innovation to domain-specific use cases for the financial services industry, with the business challenge always at the heart of the program. We partner with our digital and technology teams to deliver solutions from future state vision and concept to large scale implementation.
As Data Engineer you are helping our clients to solve AI challenges (Predictive Analytics, Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning & Deep Learning). Preparing data for predictive modelling and Machine Learning tasks, using data to discover tasks that can be automated, assist our clients to understand the data science principles and provide an explanation for the model behavior and possible correcting actions. Setting up and maintaining pipelines in/out of database, IoT devices, and data warehouses, and cleaning and organizing (big) data.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- At least 3 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- Affinity with the financial services industry
- Practical experience in solving complex challenges using data analysis and modelling
- Ability to explain complicated analysis to a non-technical audience with your storytelling and data visualization skills
Languages and Technologies
- Demonstrable programming experience in at least SQL, Scala, Python (pandas), Big Data (Spark, Hadoop), Streaming (Spark-Streaming / Kafka / Storm) and Cloud Computing (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Preferable experience with Docker/Kubernetes, DevOps (CI/CD)
- Innovative: You’re interested in how new technological innovations can contribute to the data revolution
- Responsible: You are able to weigh the interests of our clients
- Limitless: You are willing to look beyond data engineering and learn from experience outside your own work area
- Ambition: You are driven to become the Synechron-expert in data engineering
- Empowered: You dare to stand for what you believe in
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- An international company with offices in Singapore, London, Paris, New York and the possibility to work abroad
- Lease car or mobility budget, laptop and a mobile phone
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- An extensive training budget, focused on skills, substantive knowledge and personal development:
- An internal training programme (NLP +Predictive analytics), in class trainings and trainings from partners like GCP, C3.AI and Quantexa. Also, Synechron partners with Udemy for Business, an online learning platform with 3,000+ top rated, engaging courses that are accessible anytime, anywhere, on-demand
- A Global Center of Excellence for Data Science with experienced colleagues across the globe with coaching and sparring possibilities
- Cutting edge data science projects at leading banks including not only building data science models for different domains like financial crime and risk but also whole pipeline development (data engineering, machine learning engineering, model life cycle management)
- A flat and approachable organization
- An excellent working atmosphere: Friday drinks, sports activities, trips (abroad) with a young, dynamic team
- A Great Place To Work – for the second consecutive year we are ranked top 10 best Multinational Workplaces in the Netherlands
Synechron makes personal growth and development a priority. This manifests itself in good, (partly) mandatory training and educational opportunities focusing both on skills and content knowledge. All our employees are guided by a designated team leader in their personal growth and development.
Interested in joining us?
For further information, please contact our recruitment department via recruitment-AMS@synechron.com.
NOTE: only complete applications (resume and cover letter) and candidates who speak and write fluently Dutch will be taken into consideration. You need to have a working permit in the Netherlands.